Lansdowne Resort and Spa is committed to Protecting the Environment.
When you meet at Lansdowne Resort, you can be sure that our conference services team at our Virginia green meeting resort is committed to protecting the environment and conserving natural resources, while reducing our carbon footprint. We commit ourselves to the highest standards and have been honored with awards and green meeting certifications. Lansdowne is also recognized as a Virginia Green Lodging facility.
How Are We Making a Difference?
Lansdowne Resort is justly famous for its beautiful natural setting and the pristine environment our guests have enjoyed since the resort’s opening twenty five years ago.
Lansdowne Resort’s Environmental Initiatives:
- We recently installed 310 high efficiency toilet bowls in our guestrooms, saving an estimated 1.3 million gal of water annually.
- All of our guest rooms, restaurants and public areas have been fitted with high-efficiency LED lighting.
- In addition to our bee hives that help support vital bee populations, we have installed a certified Monarch Butterfly way station to help bolster the population of local Monarch Butterflies.
- All of our guest rooms feature smart thermostats, reducing AC unit run time by 180,000 hours, or 55%, and saving 160,000 KWH of electricity in the first 4 months since installation.
- We recently installed a hi-efficiency dish washer that recirculates waste water and pre-heats it with the heat from the waste steam coming off the machine.
- The resort plants and maintains an herb garden for use throughout the season to supplement herb and vegetable offerings in outlet menus.
- Our restaurants are committed to purchasing fresh and sustainable foods locally grown, whenever possible.
- Vegetarian, vegan and allergen friendly options are available for all meals.
- All wine lists specifically identify/specify sustainable wines.
- All hazardous materials are stored in a locked cabinet.
- Eco-friendly "To Go" packaging is comprised of unbleached, recycled post consumer content.
- Various recycling programs have been implemented across all areas of the resort’s operations.
- Leftover conference supplies are donated or reused until depleted. (paper, pens, etc.)
- Recycled/reused packaging is used for shipping.
- 50% of our tea selection is organic.
- 50% of retail/professional vendors are eco-friendly businesses.
- Still water is sourced locally.
- The resort's central engineering plant is being retro-commissioned to increase efficiency.
- We currently use Ecolab for all chemicals/cleaning products in the guest rooms and public spaces.
- No scents are pumped into any areas of the resort.
- All resort guests have access to bicycles and information regarding public transportation and walking routes.
- Bio-based flatware and recyclable/biodegradable plates and cups are used throughout the resort instead of plastic items.
- Free car charging stations available on property.
- The Spa offers various treatments created with organic and natural lines. Facial/bathroom tissue is also offered with a minimum of 30% post consumer recycled content.
- A policy is in place to confirm meeting room lights are shut down when not in use or not scheduled for site visits.
Awards and certifications:
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality: Virginia Green Certification (2008 -2013, 2015 - 2018)
- Tripadvisor GreenPartner (2014)
- Virginia Green Travel Leader (2012, 2013, 2015)
- Virginia Green: Green Event of the Year (2013)
- IACC Gold Tier: Green Star Award (2015)