The health and safety of our guests, employees and local community has become our highest priority due to health concerns related to the Coronavirus. During your visit, our Lansdowne team members are committed to maintaining cleaning and personal protection protocols as recommended by our hospitality partners, the US Travel Association and the American Hotel & Lodging Association. These new protocols have been established in collaboration with Public Health Organizations including the US Department of Health & Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Enhanced Cleaning and Hygiene Protocols – We use sanitizing cleaners to conduct daily cleaning of public areas and have increased our focus and time on hi-touch surfaces including doors, knobs, push plates and tables. Additionally, we direct our staff to disinfect hi-touch objects and surfaces in their work spaces and require our Food & Beverage staff to wash their hands every 30 minutes.
Room Protocols – Currently, in-room housekeeping services have been suspended. Upon request, additional room amenities, fresh towels and linens are delivered to the guest room door. After a guest departs, the room will be deep cleaned with CDC approved chemicals and machines by fully trained Associates and all air filters will be changed before the room is put back into available inventory.
Antibacterial Products and Personal Hygiene – To help mitigate the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19, disinfectant wipes and sanitizers are available throughout public areas for our guests.
As we all work together, we direct our staff and remind our guests to:
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Avoid shaking hands, touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Personal Protection – Appropriate PPE, including face masks and gloves, will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities per state regulations. We encourage our guests to follow the same guidelines.
Limited Services – In compliance with government regulations, many of our services are limited at this time:
- Food & Beverage is available as “to go” with limited menu and hours.
- Spa Minerale, the Lansdowne Fitness Center and Indoor Pool are closed.
- Valet service and valet parking are not available.
- Lansdowne’s golf courses are open to guests and members with added precautions:
- When feasible, doors to all facilities are propped open to avoid touching.
- Check-in can be done in the golf staging area in lieu of the golf shop.
- Walking is encouraged but single ride carts are available.
- All carts are sanitized between uses.
- All bunker rakes and divot bottles have been removed and pin flags are not to be touched.
- Increased separation of hitting stations on the driving range.
We continue to offer open-air space for walking and encourage social distancing for all walkers. As a reminder, please do not walk on the golf courses or golf course paths.
Additionally, we are:
- Maintaining continuous observation of property health, wellness and safety operations according to current government standards and restrictions implemented by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Requiring employees to adhere to daily health screenings including health questionnaires and temperature checks. Employees are not permitted to work without successfully completing a health screening and those who are ill will be directed to leave the property and seek medical attention.
- Recommending that all visitors to Lansdowne evaluate their health status and consult with their healthcare professional before deciding to travel to Lansdowne.
- Offering for purchase an immunity boosting beverage RDS (Respiratory Detox Shot) for our guests, club members and staff. Please inquire at the Front Desk for more information.