Preserving our Environment, One Destination at a Time
In recognition of the need to preserve the world in which we operate and serve our guests, Destination Hotels is dedicated to practices and programs that pay respect to, and lessen our footprint on, our changing environment.
As one of the top ten hospitality management companies in the country (as ranked by Hotel Business Magazine), we are committed to creating a new benchmark for our hotels and resorts through a series of environmental initiatives, both on the corporate level and at each of our individual properties.
How Are We Making a Difference?
We are proud to have a Destination Earth® task force comprised of leaders throughout the organization to ensure that all departments and associates of Destination Hotels are personally involved and committed to the program. Each of our hotels and resorts develops a designated "green team" on site and has made a commitment to pursuing:
- Sourcing environmentally‐responsible services and products, and purchasing organic, environmentally‐friendly and recycled supplies whenever possible
- Purchasing fresh and sustainable foods locally grown, whenever possible
- Creating partnerships with other organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to preserving the environment
- Leading our associates to apply eco‐friendly practices in their daily operations
- Reducing the environmental impact by utilizing environmentally responsible building materials and strategies for new properties and renovations
- Retrofitting existing hotels and resorts with water‐saving devices and energy‐efficient lighting, heating and cooling systems
- Implementing tools that allow us to continually measure the progress of our individual properties and support their commitment to preserving the environment through the Destination Earth® program