Golf Tip Tuesday - Align Yourself to Your Target
A quick tip for Golf Tip Tuesday: Did you know that when you are aligning yourself to your target you should be always be cognizant with regards to how your body and feet line up to your intended target?
Your ball target-line is set directly to the target, however, your feet need to be parallel left to the target line -not directly at the target.
Think of the 2 parallel lines represented in a rail-road track.
Steps to great aim and alignment
- When addressing the ball, start by holding the club in your right hand (for right handed players and left hand for left handed players) and step into the ball using your trail leg (leg that is farthest away from the target)
- You will want to aim your clubface at the target or the direction you want the ball to start if play-ing a fade or draw.
- Now set your feet and body so they are parallel to the clubface
- Put your other hand on the club
- Take a look at the target to make sure you are aimed where you want to go.
- Follow these simple quick steps on every shot and you shouldn’t have to worry about your align-ment or aim anymore.
For help with you game, visit your PGA Professional at Lansdowne Golf Academy.