A Healthy Treat for the New Year's Resolution
Ah, New Year's resolutions...some have the willpower to stick with it, but for others, the best laid plans to get fit, or eat better will have crashed and burned by Groundhog Day. But, resolutions shouldn't be about depriving yourself. The Health & Fitness Center at our Northern Virgina resort offers this healthy treat for you to try while sticking to that personal promise.
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Pita Chips
1) Chop into small pieces: Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi and blueberries.
2) Add 3 tablespoons of raspberry preserves. Stir well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3) Serve with cinnamon pita chips (you can purchase or make your own).
4) Make your own: Cut white or wheat pita bread into quarters and lay flat on a large tray. Spray with butter or lighly coat with melted butter (depending on how many calories you want to add).
5) Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar - or use a mix of stevia and ground cinnamon.
6) Place tray into a preheated oven and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until crispy.
7) Let cool and serve with chilled salsa.
Enjoy this simple and healthy treat and good luck with that New Year's resolution.